Who We Are
Children’s Clinics offers Southern Arizona’s families a unique environment to meet the health care needs of their children with more than 25 medical and dental specialty clinics, primary care and therapy services under one roof. Located in the Square & Compass Building on the Tucson Medical Center (TMC) campus, Children’s Clinics is a non-profit organization providing family-centered, comprehensive outpatient medical and therapy services in a comfortable and engaging atmosphere.
Children’s Clinics is accessible to the entire community, serving children from birth to age 21. In addition to general pediatrics, many of our children have complex medical conditions such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrpohy, cardiac conditions, cleft lip and palate, sickle cell, and metabolic disorders. Click here to view a complete list of our services.
A large number of staff and providers are bilingual Spanish speakers and translation services are available for all languages. Children’s Clinics is the Southern Arizona provider for the State Children’s Rehabilitative Services program. Children’s Clinics accepts most private insurances, AHCCCS health plans, and private-pay patients. Click here for more insurance information. Call 324-KIDS to confirm insurance acceptance. Children’s Clinics is certified by The Joint Commission. This certification assures that we have a strong focus on safety and quality for our patients, physicians and staff.
Children’s Clinics roots extend to 1947 when Square & Compass established a pediatric polio clinic that evolved into the Square & Compass Crippled Children’s Clinic.
In 1991 Square & Compass, our philanthropic partner, brought together Tucson Medical Center (TMC) and University Medical Center (UMC) to form the Children’s Clinics as a non-profit organization, dedicated to delivering family centered, coordinated medical and health services to children and families with complex medical conditions. Almost 20 years ago, the Children’s Clinic opened in the Square and Compass building on the TMC campus where it remains today.
With the support of Square & Compass, the Children’s Clinics was remodeled in 2010 to offer a more engaging and comfortable atmosphere for our very special children and families. Between appointments, families can relax and enjoy a custom designed, interactive light wall, a large and colorful salt water aquarium, and computer learning stations. Take our virtual tour(link) to see inside our facility.
The Children’s Clinics provides a family centered comprehensive medical home to meet the special needs of children and families.
Children’s Clinics is committed to providing exceptional care in a respectful and caring environment. We commit to upholding the following values:
- We communicate clearly and respectfully.
- We maintain a positive attitude.
- We guarantee privacy.
- We provide exceptional care by working seamlessly as an interdisciplinary team.
- We provide a clean, safe and engaging environment.
- We serve as a resource for our community.
- We respect the needs of our clients for timely and efficient service.
- We respond to concerns and correct problems promptly.
- We believe in continuous improvement.
- We acknowledge and accommodate each individual’s unique needs.
- We honor the family’s role as primary care takers.
- We practice kindness and understanding.
- We acknowledge individuals’ ability to learn and grow.
- We believe that change is essential to success.
- We honor our past while looking to the future.
Facts & Figures
- Number of Clinic Visits between 7/1/09—6/30/12: 22,755
- Number of Staff: 69
- Number of Physicians holding Clinics on-site: 54